Helen plays Old Sally and is also part of the adult ensemble. Here she talks a little about herself.
* What do you work toward in your free time?
Free time?? So many things…but if my time were truly free I’d be working on my guitar practice.
* What’s the most interesting thing about you?
….well I’m an accountant by day, so….haha. There are photos of my legs in medical (dermatology) textbooks.
* Why did you want to be involved in this production?
The chance to work with my DMS ‘family’ again and learn something new — Old Sally has an onstage experience that I haven’t acted before. Also excited for my kids to see for the first time what Mummy’s shows look like.
* What do you do when you’re not doing theatre?
Listen to showtunes while I’m at the gym, teach myself guitar with the help of my husband.
* What are you most afraid of?
My kids encountering tough things in life that I can’t protect them from.
* What’s the last thing you do before you step out on stage / the curtain goes up?
Sip of warm lemon and honey, and mental focus on what my character is about to experience.
* What is your best childhood memory?
Tie between trips out in my Dad’s vintage soft top racing car, and my Gran teaching me how to bake.
* What do you feel most proud of?
My kids!! Especially when I catch them singing songs from shows I’ve done 😉
* If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I’d go see my best friend who lives interstate.
* If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Just one!? I’d have to go back and see a Beatles performance, probably the infamous rooftop concert.
Thanks Helen. See you in the show.
Introducing…Helen Winley Bell who is on the road to ‘Oliver’.